So you got the Travel Bug and your planning 32 different destinations this year alone!? Congratulations on all that vacation time! That is reason to celebrate. Are you Traveling with your Rolex? Why? Why Not? That is what we will discuss today.
The Rolex Watch you received as a gift or went out and purchased your self is something your proud of. The last thing we want to do is lose or damage such precious cargo. However; being able to tell the time while waiting for meetings, arrival, or departure flights is nice. So we take it with us. We wear it.
Traveling with your Rolex
- DO know where your going. If the destination involves a bad part of town, then maybe, leave your Rolex Watch in the hotel room safe.
- DO know what your doing. Last thing you want to do is find your self rock climbing and putting your Rolex Watch through durability trails. Sometimes it’s easy to loose your self in the moment while traveling, howver; the rocks or rough terrain can remind you in an instant.
- DO wash and rinse with fresh water. After you were down at the pool or taking a dip in the salty sea near your beach front bungalow, it’s a good idea to use fresh water to rinse any foreign substances off your watch.
- DON’T Show Off. Dressing to the nines is part of us, however; being able to tone it down in cities your not familiar with is a good way to fly under the radar of opportunists. Quick Example of opportunist: We met up with a couple in South America once and on their previous stop in another country, a man on a bicycle casually rode by and grabbed her necklace directly off her persons, and casually kept riding as if it was routine. Lesson: Be aware of your surroundings.
- DON’T Bring It? This is always an option. Sometimes you need to know when not to roll with the “Rollie”. Sure, this goes against this entire article, but it is always a very safe option.
- DON’T forget to close the crown completely. This happens.. a lot.. People show up at their destination, set the time of their watch, and don’t seem to screw down the Rolex Crown completely. One shower, pool, or ocean away from disaster! Crazy right? Be aware of the crown position and don’t get screwed.
With all of this said, you should be armed enough to make a decision on traveling with or without your Rolex Watch. Put simply, know the who, what, and where of your destinations.
We hope we were able to point out a few Traveling with your Rolex tips! Please don’t forget to subscribe below to our email list for more great info.