The Sotheby’s Hong Kong Auction is Coming! On April 6th in Hong Kong one of the best collections of auction pieces we’ve seen in recent years will hit the chopping block. With a great variety of watch brands being represented there is no shortage of opportunity in owning some of the most collectible watches in the world.
If you were to book an airline ticket today (3/28/16) you could potentially put your self there at the auction for $669 on United Air (SFO – HKG). That would land you there on a direct flight 2 days before the event to get situated, do your watch inspections, and zero in on the watches that your most interested in.
Register at the show before it begins is pretty easy. Bring your ID/Passport and be prepared to have your bank account information verified. That’s it! You can also register online if your looking to streamline the process.
At the Sotheby’s Hong Kong Auction
There are a number of watches we like that are heading towards the sound of the Gavel. A number of which are Rolex Watches, but there are a number of other watches that have peaked our interest.
Here are out top five Watches heading into Sotheby’s Hong Kong Auction:
- Lot numbers 2208 and 2209 are showcasing the Rolex GMT-Master II watch with the back case engraved with two very important insignias. One is the Omani crest which is the sign of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos on a 2010 116710. This insignia is a bascially two swords and a crown engraved on the back case. The second of these tow is a Rolex GMT-Master II “Sea King Edition” which may have a more detailed engraving then the aforementioned, but a completely different message in imagery. Both watches would be an excellent watch to add that one collectors collection.
- Lot Number 2216 could possibly be the oldest watch of the Rolex Bunch at this auction. Circa 1946 Reference number 2508 Rolex Chronograph Wrist Watch. For the age of this watch the dials colors are awesome. The leather band looks excellent, and comes with and invoice as well as a certification.
- Lot 2233 is a Patek Phillip that was produced in 2012. The Reference number 5059P is aesthetically pleasing to a number of different tastes. Moon phases, dates, the day of the week, and the month calendar are all perfectly balanced. This watch is a must have…
- Vacheron Constantine has made a number of remarkable time pieces. However; Lot 2272 REF #30682 maybe the most diamond covered watch at auction for the watch maker to date. There are a number of things a general collector won’t necessarily be excited about, however; the skeleton and watch maker cross at the 6 O’clock position is an excellent touch.
- Last but not least the Vacheron Constantine 12 watch set with “Mask” watch dials. this is a great idea for an auction in our opinion. These watches are all automatic watches and can really play to your mood day to day. If you were looking to jump start your collection or add a huge chunk of watches this would be the lot to buy.
We hope your as excited as we are about the up coming Sotheby’s Hong Kong Watch Auction on April 6th. You can watch live the day of here. Let us know if you or anyone you know ends up making a purchase and we’ll be glad to share your experience!